Posted: Thursday, 10 August 2017
Work type: Volunteer
Hours required: 10 hours per week (on average)
Location: 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Position title: Marcomms Team Lead
Supervision & support:
Team: Marketing & Communications
Report to: Operations Manager
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the program’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities (both external and internal) and all strategies. Oversees development and implementation of campaigns, materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Melbourne Space Program.
Main duties also include:
- Creation and maintenance of the organisations’ marketing strategy
- Coordination of marketing, public relations, events and communication in the Melbourne Space Program
- Help coordinate media interest in the program, acting as the organisation’s representative with the media alongside the Stakeholder Relations Group Lead
- Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing, campaigns and special events
- Meet with the Operations Manager to provide updates on a weekly basis
- Meet with Marcomms group leads on a weekly basis to keep updated on the activities of the teams
- Carry out other activities as tasked by the Operations Manager
- Undertaking or completion of a Bachelor of Commerce or Major Marketing & Management; or Bachelor of Arts, Major – Media and Communications; or
– Admission to or undertaking a relevant Master’s degree is desired, but not required
- Experience with a marketing team is desired
- Available and able to commit to the program for at least 8-10 months, including through the summer holiday
Skills & Experience:
- Organised and able to meet deadlines, completing tasks at a high standard
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to effectively coordinate a team, as well as provide direction for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Effective time management and adapatability
- Ability or willingness to learn how to create a well-thought marketing strategy
- Ability to document all work done and file appropriately
- Attend all team meetings as well as other departmental and organisational-wide meetings when required
- Work with fellow MSP volunteers and other stakeholders in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate continued capability to work individually as well as contribute to team work and discussion
- Contribute to the development of MSP through dedication and commitment to its work and its organisational culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interest in learning more, and developing and mastering personal and professional skills
- Ensure that the office space used during for work is left clean and presentable
Benefits to the volunteer:
- The Melbourne Space Program strives to support and encourage the personal and professional development of all its volunteers.
- Supplement your university studies with hands-on experience that will help you hone existing technical abilities and gain new skills.
- Gain experience working in a professional environment, with the opportunity to cultivate soft skills needed to excel in any field of work.
- Gain confidence in your ability to work effectively in a team.
- Challenge yourself to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Meet people who are just as passionate and ambitious as you are.
- Make a difference – this is the opportunity to be a part of a friendly and dedicated team working to build a nano-satellite, inspire and engage Australians, and support a strong aerospace sector!
To apply, please submit a cover letter (optional) and your CV here. Questions regarding this role may be sent via our website Contact Form.