Posted: Sunday, 30 April 2017
Work type: Volunteer
Hours required: 10 hours per week (on average)
Location: 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Position title: Accounting Team Lead
Supervision & support:
Report to: Finance Manager
The Accounting Team Lead is responsible for managing the Accounting Team within the Finance Department. In this role, the Team Lead is in charge of writing accounting policy for the program, researching accounting systems and implementing an appropriate accounting system for MSP. Responsibilities also include attending weekly team meetings with the Finance Manager, helping build out the Accounting Team and any other tasks as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Undertaking or completion of a Bachelor of Commerce degree
- Completion of Introduction to Financial Accounting and Accounting Processes & Analysis subjects
- Undertaking or completion of Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Major in Accounting is preferred
Skills & Experience:
- Undertaking or already completed an internship with an accounting agency
- Some experience in policy writing is desirable, with motivation to learn more
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Competent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, but also Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting standards and practices
- Complete assigned tasks on time to a high standard
- Document all work done and file appropriately and efficiently
- Attend all team meetings as well as other departmental and organisational-wide meetings when required
- Work with fellow MSP volunteers and other stakeholders in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate continued capability to work individually as well as contribute to team work and discussion
- Contribute to the development of MSP through dedication and commitment to its work and its organisational culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interest in learning more, and developing and mastering personal and professional skills
Benefits to the volunteer:
- The Melbourne Space Program strives to support and encourage the personal and professional development of all its volunteers.
- Supplement your university studies with hands-on experience that will help you hone existing technical abilities and gain new skills.
- Gain experience working in a professional environment, with the opportunity to cultivate soft skills needed to excel in any field of work.
- Gain confidence in your ability to work effectively in a team.
- Challenge yourself to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Meet people who are just as passionate and ambitious as you are.
- Make a difference – this is the opportunity to be a part of a friendly and dedicated team working to build a nano-satellite, inspire and engage Australians, and support a strong aerospace sector!