Posted: Thursday, 10 August 2017
Work type: Volunteer
Hours required: 10 hours per week (on average)
Location: 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Position title: Content Management Group Lead
Supervision & support:
Team: Marketing & Communications
Report to: Marcomms Team Lead
The Content Management (CM) Group Lead oversees all marketing content, both internal and external. This role is responsible for facilitating engaging and effective content creation, channel optimisation and brand consistency within the content. This means examining channels the program uses to reach its audiences – both within social media and without – and determining how we can best utilise these with tailored content (everything from social media to newsletters, podcasts, videos and blog posts, etc. on email, mobile, print etc.). The CM Group Lead is also acts as editor, helping to ensure that all work published on our website is written to a high standard and consistent in editorial style.
In addition, this role involves undertaking analytics and measurement of how our audiences are interacting with the content and channels, and working with others in the Marcomms team to adjust outreach strategies based on what works and what doesn’t in a comprehensive and technical manner.
Main duties also include:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Mapping out a creative and effective content-specific strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why; continuous evolvement of strategy is a must, with its evolvement based on the branding, marketing & communications strategy developed by the Marcomms Team Lead
- Supervise the content creators and social media officers within the team; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Work closely with the Marcomms Team Lead as well as the Design Group Lead on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels
- Assist your CM group in learning how to accomplish certain tasks and responsibilities within their roles
- Undertaking or completion of a Bachelor of Commerce or Major Marketing & Management; or Bachelor of Arts, Major – Media and Communications; or
– Admission to or undertaking a relevant Master’s degree is desired, but not required
- Experience with a marketing team is desired
- Available and able to commit to the program for at least 8-10 months, including through the summer holiday
- Ideal candidate will have availability to travel from 24th September – 30th September for a conference with the Melbourne Space Program
Skills & Experience:
- Organised and able to meet deadlines, completing tasks at a high standard
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to effectively coordinate a team, as well as provide direction for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Effective time management and adapatability
- Ability or willingness to learn how to create a well-thought marketing strategy
- Ability to document all work done and file appropriately
- Attend all team meetings as well as other departmental and organisational-wide meetings when required
- Work with fellow MSP volunteers and other stakeholders in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate continued capability to work individually as well as contribute to team work and discussion
- Contribute to the development of MSP through dedication and commitment to its work and its organisational culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interest in learning more, and developing and mastering personal and professional skills
- Ensure that the office space used during for work is left clean and presentable
Benefits to the volunteer:
- The Melbourne Space Program strives to support and encourage the personal and professional development of all its volunteers.
- Supplement your university studies with hands-on experience that will help you hone existing technical abilities and gain new skills.
- Gain experience working in a professional environment, with the opportunity to cultivate soft skills needed to excel in any field of work.
- Gain confidence in your ability to work effectively in a team.
- Challenge yourself to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Meet people who are just as passionate and ambitious as you are.
- Make a difference – this is the opportunity to be a part of a friendly and dedicated team working to build a nano-satellite, inspire and engage Australians, and support a strong aerospace sector!
To apply, please submit a cover letter (optional) and your CV here. Questions regarding this role may be sent via our website Contact Form.