Date Posted: 17/12/2017
Work Type: Volunteer
Hours Required: Up to 10 hours per week
Location: 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Position Title: Business Management Manager
SUPERVISION & SUPPORT:
Team: Business Management
Reports to: Executive Leadership Committee
Department: Business Management
The Business Management Manager is responsible for managing all activity within the Business Management department. In this role, the manager is in charge of coordinating four teams which comprise all accounting, strategy, internal development & partnership activities.
The manager will be expected to consistently review the short and long-term strategy of the Melbourne Space Program and propose changes according to the external environment. These changes in strategy will be presented to the directors, and if approved the Business Management Manager would be expected to execute these changes within the Melbourne Space Program.
Additionally, the Business Management Manager may be expected to represent the Melbourne Space Program in meetings with key stakeholders from a wide variety of industry, education and government groups.
- Undertaking or completion of a Master of Business Adminstration
- Experience in business development, strategy, finance or consulting is desired
- Background in STEM will be looked on favorably
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Detail-oriented, organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as research skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A keen interest and/or demonstrated ability in cultivating and sustaining positive relationships with funders and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and manage small teams are highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office (especially pertaining to powerpoint, but also Excel and Word)
- Keen interest in space industry, and talent for strategic thinking & problem solving
- Complete tasks on time to a high standard
- Manage a small team of motiviated volunteers
- Document all work done and file appropriately and efficiently
- Attend all executive team meetings as well as other departmental and organisational-wide meetings when required
- Work with fellow MSP volunteers and other stakeholders in a professional manner at all times
- Contribute to the development of MSP through dedication and commitment to its work and its organisational culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interest in developing personal and professional skills
- Evaluate & revise the organisations strategy to ensure sustainability, growth and impact in the broader community
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- The Melbourne Space Program strives to support and encourage the personal and professional development of all its volunteers.
- Supplement your university studies with hands-on experience that will help you hone existing technical abilities and gain new skills.
- Network with leaders in the growing Australian space industry
- Contribute to an innovative social start-up that is looking to create a new way to link industry and education.
- Gain confidence in your ability to manage teams.
- Challenge yourself to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Meet people who are just as passionate and ambitious as you are.
- Make a difference – this is the opportunity to be a part of a friendly and dedicated team working to build a nano-satellite, inspire and engage Australians, and support a strong aerospace sector!
To apply, please submit a cover letter (optional) and your CV here or to email@example.com. Questions regarding this role may be sent via our website Contact Form.